Braces Treatment in Turkey
- 1 Braces Treatment in Turkey
- 1.1 What is the use of braces treatment?
- 1.2 Who is Suitable for Braces Treatment?
- 1.3 Advantages of Braces Treatment
- 1.4 Things to Consider During Braces Treatment
- 1.5 Types of Braces Treatment
- 1.6 Braces Treatment Prices?
- 1.7 Why Should You Prefer Antalya Panoramik Dental Clinic?
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions About Braces Treatment in Turkey
Braces treatment is a type of orthodontic treatment that is effective in eliminating the gaps and crooked teeth in your teeth by ensuring that your teeth are compatible with the jaw, and that gives you a perfect smile.
What is the use of braces treatment?
Braces are an orthodontic method used to move teeth to improve the appearance of tooth structure. In addition, braces also provide long-term oral health protection.
Braces allow the teeth to move thanks to the pressure they apply. With the effect of pressure, the bones in the jaw will change, which will allow the teeth and their roots to move.
People with advanced gum disease or missing tooth structure may benefit from braces treatment.
Who is Suitable for Braces Treatment?
- It is suitable for patients with crooked teeth.
- Contrary to popular belief, braces are a good treatment method for patients with mouth breathing, sleeping with an open mouth, and snoring.
- It can be used in cases where jaw disorders need to be corrected and in cases where the upper jaw and lower jaw are very disproportionate to each other.
- It is suitable for patients with gaps between their teeth, although there is no problem in their teeth or jaw.
- It is suitable for all patients with dental malalignment.
- Suitable for patients who have problems with overlapping teeth.
- It is suitable for patients with teeth rotation problems.
- In some cases, braces treatment may be necessary to maintain complete dental health. For example, this situation may not disturb the patient who has a problem of turning inward in his back teeth, but since it will make it difficult to clean the teeth, it is expected that this situation will cause different problems in the future, and it will affect the oral and dental health negatively (caries, gum diseases, bad breath). in terms of importance.
Advantages of Braces Treatment
- They will enhance your appearance
- They make brushing and flossing your teeth easier
- Orthodontic treatment prevents tooth decay and gum disease
- Braces can correct your bite
- They prevent dental injuries
- Braces can improve your speech
- They aid digestion
- Braces prevent bone erosion
- Orthodontic treatment is very effective
- Braces reduce the risk of temporomandibular joint disorder
Things to Consider During Braces Treatment
- Foods with hard shells and seeds should not be consumed.
- If hard foods such as hazelnuts, peanuts and almonds are to be consumed, they should be consumed not as a whole, but after they are crushed and cut into smaller pieces.
- Avoid hard foods; For example, bread can be consumed without toasting, meat cooked softly or foods that may be hard, such as bagels, can be consumed by softening.
- Acidic foods damage the enamel and can reduce the effectiveness of the bracket adhesive. Therefore, it should not be consumed.
- Sticky foods such as chewing gum, jelly beans, Turkish delight, etc. should be avoided.
- All foods should be consumed softly, in small bites, using the right and left sides equally.
- Finally, in order not to break the brackets on the front teeth with the bite force, biting and tearing should not be done with the teeth, regardless of whether it is hard or soft. Apple, pear, wrap, toast, etc. foods should be consumed in small bites after they are cut by hand or with a knife.
Types of Braces Treatment
Fast Braces Treatment
Fast braces treatment, as the name suggests, allows you to achieve results much faster than other types of orthodontic treatment. This treatment is usually an ideal procedure for children who do not want to wear braces for long periods of time. With traditional braces, the ideal result is achieved in about 2 years; In fast braces, this time is much less. This is because the process takes place in two stages.
In fast braces treatment, first the crown is brought to the desired position and then the root is expected to grow. Fast braces allow the root and crown to move at the same time, allowing the treatment to be completed in as little as 1 year.
Clear braces are a treatment procedure similar to traditional metal braces but less noticeable because they are made of tooth-coloured materials. Clear braces can correct the same orthodontic issues as metal braces, including overbites, under-bites, crooked teeth, and crowding.
Braces Treatment Prices?
Antalya braces treatment prices vary according to the patient’s dental condition and treatment time. In order to get a clear price information, you need to make an appointment with your dentist and go through the first control.
Why Should You Prefer Antalya Panoramik Dental Clinic?
Antalya Panoramik Oral and Dental Health Polyclinic manages the process by valuing the importance of correct diagnosis, planning and treatment in oral and dental health. Among the Antalya dental clinics, the panoramik dental clinic provides braces treatment services in all its branches in Antalya with its expert doctor staff and experienced staff.
Frequently Asked Questions About Braces Treatment in Turkey
Your orthodontist adheres the clear ceramic brackets to the front surfaces of your teeth using a special dental cement. After the brackets are in place, your orthodontist attaches a tooth-coloured wire to the brackets and secures the wire to your posterior molars using metal bands. Finally, they add clear elastics to your brackets to hold the wire firmly in place.
Yes. Clear braces are just as effective as traditional metal braces. They just use different materials. However, as we mentioned above, it may take longer to straighten your teeth with transparent braces.
It takes an average of 12 to 36 months to straighten your teeth with clear braces. In contrast, it takes an average of 20 months to complete treatment using metal braces. The length of treatment depends on the severity of the misalignment.
Usually, patients do not experience any pain or pain during the placement of the braces. After the orthodontic wire is attached to the newly placed brackets, there will be mild pain or discomfort that can last from a few days to a week.
The braces procedure is usually performed before entering puberty. If they have already passed, this means that it will be more difficult to adjust their jaws and/or teeth as they are already set in their post-pubertal position.