Dental Implant in Turkey
- 1 Dental Implant in Turkey
- 1.1 What is an Implant? In Which Situations Should Implant Treatment Be Applied?
- 1.2 To Whom Can a Dental Implant Be Applied?
- 1.3 Am I a Suitable Candidate for Implant Treatment?
- 1.4 What are the Types of Dental Implants?
- 1.5 How is Implant Dental Treatment Applied, What are the Types of Treatment?
- 1.6 What are the Advantages of Implant Treatment?
- 1.7 Before and After Implant Treatment
- 1.8 How Much Are Dental Implants In Turkey?
- 1.9 Why You Should Prefer Antalya Panoramic Dental Clinic?
Implant is an artificial tooth root prepared from screw-shaped titanium or titanium compounds that is surgically placed in the jaw or skull bone, which is used to replace missing teeth. Implant application is mostly applied to provide chin aesthetics and to eliminate problems.
What is an Implant? In Which Situations Should Implant Treatment Be Applied?
We can define
Implant treatment as artificially replacing lost tooth roots.
Many people with missing teeth face many functional and aesthetic problems.
You can resort to implant therapy to resolve these problems.
- Tooth loss
- Melcrolysis of the jaw
- In cases where the last teeth in the jaws are missing, a fixed prosthesis (such as a crown or bridge) cannot be made,
- When the use of prosthetic teeth is not preferred, you can apply for implant dental treatment.
Implant treatment, it is aimed to first correct the missing teeth, then to give the teeth an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
To Whom Can a Dental Implant Be Applied?
- People aged 18 and over
- Individuals who have completed their jaw and face development
- People whose jaw structure is suitable for implant
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Implant Treatment?
After the examinations made by our dentists, it is decided whether you are a suitable candidate. In some people, implant application cannot be performed. These people are;
- People who smoke a lot are not suitable for implant application. This is because excessive smoking delays wound healing.
- You should consult your doctor if you have any disease or medications that you use regularly. After your doctor’s approval, treatment is started.
What are the Types of Dental Implants?
There are many types of dental implants. The most commonly used implant type today is the implant type with the ‘screw’ shape. The types of dental implants vary according to the area where they are placed and the supporting tissues.
Types of Implants
In the subperiosteal implant type made of thin metal, the surgical bone is first exposed and an impression is taken on this bone. These implants, which are in the form of a cage, differ slightly from the others as they are thin and metal alloyed.
It is a surgical treatment method used for patients with insufficient intramucosal inserter bone length. It is a type of implant used to increase the retention of prostheses.
Endosseous (endostal) implants
Endosseous implants, which are produced as screw and cylindrical, are applied in the absence of one or more teeth. Endosseous implants, which are the most used implant type today, are divided into 3 in themselves. These implants; screw, cylindrical and blade implants.
It is the preferred type of implant for fixing the structures of weaker teeth.
Transosseous (Transmandibular) implants
Transosseous implants, also known as transmandibular implants, are a type of implant applied throughout the entire bone. This type of implant is mostly preferred to correct deficiencies in bone lengths.
How is Implant Dental Treatment Applied, What are the Types of Treatment?
Implant treatment applied with surgical interventions is not a compelling process. As a result of the fact that it is performed by specialist doctors in the field, possible problems are intervened immediately and a risk environment does not occur. Accordingly, the methods of applying the dental implant are as follows:
- If there is no edema or negative factors in the area after tooth extraction, the procedure can be started directly. If there is a different situation, the work may be postponed.
- In implant treatment applications, first of all, the area related to local anesthesia is anesthetized.
- Implants are placed into the bone in the matched area. Having a front tooth or a back tooth can change the process.
- If the application will be made in a previously extracted tooth socket, an extra space is made for the implant.
- It can be placed by making a small hole during placement, or by cutting the gum, making room for the implant. Since this step will be done under anesthesia, no pain is felt.
- The relevant area is closed and waiting for the implant to fuse to the bone (osteointegration) – 3/4 months. With the implant teeth, the patient can regain their former comfort in terms of function, phonation and aesthetics in their daily life.
Implant treatment can be performed by specialist dentists with 5 different techniques. These techniques are;
- Implant in One Day (Immediate Implant): It is the method in which tooth extraction and implant treatment are performed in the same session. The advantage of this method is that it is a very comfortable and practical method for both the patient and the doctor. However, because it is a seamless and incision-free method, it is another advantage to return to social life immediately.
- Seamless Implant Technique: In the flapness technique, also known as the flapness closed technique method , there is no incision, and because there is no incision, there is no suture. In the seamless implant technique, a groove is made in the area to be implanted with a tool called a punch and the implant is placed from that area. Thus, complications such as stitches, bleeding, and pain caused by surgical operation do not occur.
- Short Implant Application, this method is applied especially for posterior teeth. There are some anatomical regions in the upper jaw or lower jaw, the sinus region in the upper jaw, the mandibular canal in the lower jaw, and in these regions where the lingual nerve passes, when the tooth is extracted, the bone height decreases, and bone height is required to be added with advanced surgical methods. Special short implants are used instead of this application.
- Classical surgery method, in this method, an appropriate incision is made in the implant area of
the patient, the bone is seen well and the implant is placed there. Then the stitches are removed. After 1 week, the stitches are removed. In this method, if the bone density is low while placing the implant, the bone grafting operation, which we call bone graft, is also applied together with the implant.
- All On Four Implant Technique: The All On Four implant technique is a technique that enables the fixation of the dental prosthesis on the same day on four dental implants placed at certain angles in edentulous patients.
What are the Advantages of Implant Treatment?
Implant treatment aims to complete missing teeth and gain new healthy teeth. Implant treatment has many advantages when applied by specialist dentists. We can list these advantages as follows:
- Does not harm other teeth.
- Because it has a natural tooth appearance, it does not cause any deformation in the mouth and tooth structure of the person.
- Increase in self-confidence
- Easy to clean.
- Accurate chewing and speaking function
In addition to all these advantages, implant treatment is also effective in preventing more serious problems such as stomach disorders that may occur in the future, anatomical disorders that may occur in other teeth, jaw joint problems, and reduction in the amount of jawbone in the area where the missing tooth is located, by gaining a balanced chewing function.
Before and After Implant Treatment
Things to Consider Before Implant Insertion
- Before the implant treatment, the patient’s jawbone is first examined and the necessary tests and measurements are performed.
- The appropriate implant type and technique is decided for the patient.
- Pre-treatment oral hygiene should be provided and smoking should be stopped.
- Implant treatment is a surgical operation. At this point, the dental clinic you prefer is also important. The panoramic dental clinic works with dentists who are experts in the field.
Things to Consider After Implant Insertion
- After the treatment, you should take care not to consume hard foods. This is due to the fact that the gums closed with stitches are not pressured.
- The period of union of the implant with the jawbone can vary between 2 and 4 months. During this period, you should not consume extremely hot or cold foods in order not to damage the stability of the implant.
- Smoking and alcohol use are among the habits that should be avoided after implant treatment. Smoking and alcohol use prolong your healing process.
- Being a little more careful and careful with your dental care after the implantation affects the permanence of the implant. You should pay attention to regular brushing, floss use, mouthwash and regular dentist controls.
How Much Are Dental Implants In Turkey?
Antalya Implant treatment prices vary according to the patient’s dental condition, treatment duration, implant tooth technique and types. In order to get a clear price information, you need to make an appointment with the dentist and go through the first control.
Why You Should Prefer Antalya Panoramic Dental Clinic?
Antalya Panoramic Oral and Dental Health Polyclinic manages the process by valuing the importance of correct diagnosis, planning and treatment in oral and dental health. Among the dental clinics in Antalya, the panoramic dental clinic provides implant treatment services in all its branches in Antalya with its expert doctor staff and experienced staff.