Gummy Smile Treatment
Orthodontics is a specific area of dentistry that treats irregularities in the jaws and teeth. Examples of irregularities are alignment and occlusion. The treatment of gummy smile can include the temporary use of metal braces and Invisalign clear aligners.
This surgery corrects your jaw by straightening and realigning it, correcting deformities. You will be under general anesthesia during this procedure and confined in a hospital. Recovery from jaw surgery is fast and the results are amazing.
- A gummy smile caused by the jaws or teeth is fixable through orthodontics.
- For severe jaw problems, your surgeon might advise orthognathic or jaw surgery. This is done in combination with orthodontic treatment.
- Lip repositioning surgery along with orthodontic treatment is an alternative to jaw surgery that you can consider.
- Through the help of veneers or dental crowns, your teeth can appear longer.
- Gingivectomy is a procedure that addresses the issue of too much gum tissue. This removes extra gum tissues and reshapes it so that it shows more teeth.
- Laser gum contouring is a gummy smile treatment for minor cases of gummy smiles. This removes extra gum tissues that cover the teeth. You can complete this in one day.
- In cases where the teeth have not fully erupted, the dentist does crown-lengthening surgery. This does not only removes gum tissue but also bones to expose more of the teeth.